> > >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 06-20-09, 12:12 AM   #155
Global Moderator

Default Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

Quote: Originally Posted by sihoga View Post
Thanks for the tutorial! Now I know that BD discs files is .264 (video) and .ac3 (audio). I was looking for these informations for the last 2 weeks. Now this forum clears me the doubts.

I am still gonna buy my Blu-ray drive. I've bought a faster PC and a HD 1920x1080 TV 37'. It's gorgeous. Now I am looking for Blue-ray rental shops before to buy my BD drive. Maybe in weeks I will upload my selected mkv movies on the internet.

Thanks for it all!!!
You're welcome.
However, nobody said that BDs have ALWAYS h264 and AC3 encoded streams!! It's true h264 is dominant codec in BDs but AC3 is NOT. 99% you're going to get EAC3 (in first generation BDs) Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS-HD MA but definitely NOT AC3. This type of audio encoding is commonly found in ONLY in DVDs.
Old 06-27-09, 02:09 PM   #156
My Time Will Come

Default Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

tpAVm, please be kind enough to post the Minimum Hardware Configuration required to perform these operations as fast as possible.
Old 06-27-09, 03:09 PM   #157
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by techtronic View Post
tpAVm, please be kind enough to post the Minimum Hardware Configuration required to perform these operations as fast as possible.
There's no need for a beefy pc to do that. Even a below than average one is more than enough.
Old 07-02-09, 04:23 AM   #158
Newcomer

Thanks for the great tutorial which I'm sure it has safed must of our time and energy, Yes as I one of many, I appreciate all your offer of energy and time you put it in that tutorial.
As you mentioned in your reply in #108 before when some1 re-encodes the whole Video & Audio , Do you think with the re-encoding I still be able to keep the (bitrate) of 35 Mbps as it is, even if the file will still be big?
Because I would like to keep the picture quality untouched plus the sound quality.
I'd apprecuate your comment in regarding my question.
Old 07-02-09, 04:32 AM   #159
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaddas View Post
Thanks for the great tutorial which I'm sure it has safed must of our time and energy, Yes as I one of many, I appreciate all your offer of energy and time you put it in that tutorial.
As you mentioned in your reply in #108 before when some1 re-encodes the whole Video & Audio , Do you think with the re-encoding I still be able to keep the (bitrate) of 35 Mbps as it is, even if the file will still be big?
Because I would like to keep the picture quality untouched plus the sound quality.
I'd apprecuate your comment in regarding my question.
Though I confess I didn't get the meaning of your question, I'd say that, in case you need optimal quality, there's absolutely NO need for re-encoding. After all, what's the purpose of re-encoding a video stream and keep the same AVB, other than applying filters or "switching" codecs (and perhaps containers)?
Old 07-08-09, 09:49 PM   #160
Newcomer

Thank You
Old 07-10-09, 03:55 PM   #161
Newcomer

Thanks for this!
Old 07-12-09, 01:20 AM   #162
Newcomer

your tutorial is incredible thnx 4 all da help saved me alot of trouble
Old 07-14-09, 08:37 AM   #163
Newcomer

First of all, tks everyone here for the tutorials and feddbacks!!!

I have only 2 doubts: after all the process: ripping, mux, demux, etc... when and how do I compress my .mkv file to have around 7/8gb like the ones we download here?

For example: I've made a sucessul test on my Days of Thunder, but in the end I've finished with a 25gb mkv file...

Second: how are u guys breaking the BD+/protected discs?

Again, tks for all!!!

Regards, Diavolo!
Old 07-14-09, 09:24 AM   #164
Global Moderator

Information Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

Quote: Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
First of all, tks everyone here for the tutorials and feddbacks!!!

I have only 2 doubts: after all the process: ripping, mux, demux, etc... when and how do I compress my .mkv file to have around 7/8gb like the ones we download here?

For example: I've made a sucessul test on my Days of Thunder, but in the end I've finished with a 25gb mkv file...

Second: how are u guys breaking the BD+/protected discs?

Again, tks for all!!!

Regards, Diavolo!
This thread is NOT about re-encoding. If that's what you're looking for, please have a look at my other stickies and SEARCH in the Helpdesk section. I've answered that question countless times before. As for removing BD+, have you ever heard of AnyDVD HD? If not, just install that app and let it running in the background. It will remove BD+ and HDCP compatibility restrictions. Anyway, please do some further reading. You seem to really need it.

PS: There's only one author of the tut you're reading here....
Old 07-14-09, 09:44 AM   #165
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by tpAVm View Post
This thread is NOT about re-encoding. If that's what you're looking for, please have a look at my other stickies and SEARCH in the Helpdesk section. I've answered that question countless times before. As for removing BD+, have you ever heard of AnyDVD HD? If not, just install that app and let it running in the background. It will remove BD+ and HDCP compatibility restrictions. Anyway, please do some further reading. You seem to really need it.

PS: There's only one author of the tut you're reading here....
TKS for the explanation tpAVm! And sorry about the author issue...
Old 07-15-09, 11:20 PM   #166
Newcomer

Fantastic guide!
Old 07-18-09, 10:49 PM   #167
Newcomer

thank you very much for talking time create instruction.
Old 07-19-09, 09:05 AM   #168
Newcomer

Great job very clear
Felice
Closed Thread