> > >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-28-08, 12:40 AM   #85
Global Moderator

Default Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

Quote: Originally Posted by snyders6dogrecipe View Post
I appreciate the tutorial.
I put in a bluray disc of Nightmare Before Christmas, used anydvd to make it into an iso (setting it to remove encryption), and used isoblaster to extract 00001.m2ts onto the hard disk. Now, tsmuxer says it cannot detect stream type.

I know that you addressed a similar issue and said it had to do with a bug with ts Muxer but I thought it would be notable to add that when I try to play it in MPC home cinema, it say it can't render the streams. I can normally play m2ts files with that program...

---edit: Ok, I just directly copied the movie to the hard disk without making an iso, and it worked, but the problem is still there- the colors of the film are very light, shallow and lack vividness. It happens with all the films that take up most of the screen due to aspect ratio, like The Fall. I thought if I tried ripping it myself, then I might get the version of NB4XMAS that actually looks good, and could upload it. I'll post it in the help desk section...
You could try to repeat the process using tsMuxer v1.8.8b and see if this fixed your problem. Installing FFDShow and disabling DirectVobSub (if installed), could also help.
Old 10-28-08, 12:37 PM   #86
Global Moderator

Default Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

because I want to get to the bottom of why I'm ending up with a video with shallow color, I'm still trying different ways to rip the video...I opened the bluray drive folder through isoBuster, copied 00001.m2ts to the hd, dragged it into tsMuxer v1.8.8b, (i already have ffdshow, and don't have dvobsub), and still got a msg about can't detect stream type. The only difference now is when I try to play it, mpc stays in the "opening" phase forever, until i close it.

Do u think it might have to do with not having removed any encryption, just copying it off the disc?

btw, here is when I ripped it with anydvd: it looks exactly the same as the other groups' version that released it: and here is a screen cap from a reviewer's site. Definitely not enhanced, there is obviously more color information in what they got, even though we own the same disc:

The following is an answer on BD ripping I've gave to another thread some time ago. Just keep the info you could possibly use and make sure you don't have any colorspace converting DS filters installed and running/autoloading in your system. Don't have anything else to add. I'm afraid that what's happening to you cannot be resolved by post exchanging, most likely. As already replied in another thread of mine, where you posted a relevant video problem of yours, I guess you whole DirectShow AV setup should be a big time mess!

There are two common ways to rip a BD to disc. The apps you'll need to use are:
1. AnyDVD HD
2. ImgBurn v2.4.2.0 (freeware)
3. Isobuster (shareware) or any other similar app.
4. Virtual Clone Drive (Slysoft)
5. Arcsoft's Total Media Theater (shareware)

Method A
By using this method, you leave all disc's copy protections INTACT (perfect 1:1 copy).
1. Deactivate (shutdown) AnyDVD HD from running in the background.
2. Load your original BD into the drive. If any popup comes up, select "no action".
3. Run ImgBurn, configure it the way you like and select "create image file from disc". Before making of the image, make sure you set file system to UDF 2.5 and ignore any warning message may popup.

At this point, you have three (3) alternatives.
A. Playback, B. Copy BD image to a blanc BD (Blu-ray Disc) and C. Extract BD image to a folder.

A. PLAYBACK
1. Install Virtual Clone Drive (VCD).
2. Activate AnyDVD HD
2. Mount BD image to VCD
4. Playback it with Arcsoft's Total Media Theater. BTW, if you try to use PDVD8, I'm afraid you'll loose your time....

B. COPY BD IMAGE TO A BLANC BD
1. Load the blanc BD into tray.
2. Run ImgBurn and select "write image file to disc"
Use this method of copying a BD in case you want to playback it in standalone BD players.

C. EXTRACT BD IMAGE TO A FOLDER
1. Run Isobuster, load your BD image and select to extract its contents to a folder of your preference.
Note: In case you want to playback BD from folder with Total Media Theater, please make sure AnyDVD HD is running in the background.

Method B
By using this method, you totally REMOVE all disc's protections. Here, you have two (2) ripping options.

A. Use AnyDVD HD to rip the BD (outcome: folder)
1. While AnyDVD HD is running, load your original BD into tray.
2. Right click the AnyDVD HD's fox icon in the taskbar area and select "Rip Video DVD to Harddisc...". In the pop up window, set "Source Directory" & "Destination Directory", hit on "Copy DVD" button and wait for the process to finish (may take lot of time). The outcome should be a folder which will contain the original BD's files BUT without its protections against illegal copying/playback.

At this point, you're given three (3) options.
The first is playback of the BDMV folder DIRECTLY from HDD with Archsoft's Total Media Theater.
The second is playback of main movie's .m2ts files by using any proper DirectShow based soft player like MPC-HC, ZOOM PLAYER PREMIUM, VLC, KM etc.
The third option is to write this BD's folder to a blank BD disc. To do that, run ImgBurn and select "write files/folders to disc" and follow the istructions.

B. Use ImgBurn HD to rip the BD (outcome: ISO image)
1. While AnyDVD HD is running, load your original BD into tray.
2. Load your original BD into the drive. If any popup comes up, select "no action".
3. Run ImgBurn, configure it the way you like and select "create image file from disc". Before making of the image, make sure you set file system to UDF 2.5 and ignore any warning message may popup.
The BD image you've just made has NO BD's protections. Not sure you can playback it in all standalone BD players (BD+ is an "interactive" protection system) but it didn't fail to work on PS3 for me.

ATTENTION!!: Don't want to disappoint you BUT please bear in mind that if you use cracked versions of AnyDVD HD, there's always a serious possibility for this app not to work as expected. You won't see any "warning messages" or warnings of any type. You'll be left just to wonder what the f*** is going on and the whole process "don't work for you". Believe it or not, Slysoft's guys are...very clever. They use their very own, "silent" way (hidden registry entries, online silent checks) to....."convince" you buy AnyDVD (HD) in case you really need this program to work as expected.

NOTE: Please make sure you'll read carefully user manuals (online or offline) of the proposed apps before getting back here asking various "how do I do this?", "doesn't work for me", "what am I doing wrong?" stuff.
Old 10-28-08, 10:42 PM   #87
Global Moderator

thanks, I'll give all that a shot. But can you tell me if I should get rid of any of these DS filters?

THANKS!
I don't get it....Do you have both PDVD 7 & 8 installed? If yes, just pick one and uninstall the other! Which Intervideo program are you using? WINDVD 9 BD PLUS? If so, remove it. As I was....afraid, your AV setup is a lab animal indeed.
Please have a look at this. You can be sure that if you follow EXACTLY what's in there without...improvising, everything is going to work fine. Furthermore, it's preferable to use Zoom Player Home Max for playback. FYI, ZP never gave me ANY kind of problem the last 5 years I'm using its various versions.

However, this is not the right thread for AV troubleshooting, so please refrain from further posting here.
Old 11-06-08, 09:24 AM   #88
Newcomer

Thanks for the awesome guide! I have used it several times with excellent results.

I am currently following it to convert Iron Man. My final MKV file is 25GB. This is using only the main .h264 video and English AC3 audio track (no other audio and no subtitles). How are other people achieving an 8GB 1080p backup? Here is one with a total size of 7.95GB! I would much rather have 8gb backups as opposed to 25. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks

Last edited by Prober; 11-06-08 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-06-08, 11:15 AM   #89
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by Prober View Post
Thanks for the awesome guide! I have used it several times with excellent results.

I am currently following it to convert Iron Man. My final MKV file is 25GB. This is using only the main .h264 video and English AC3 audio track (no other audio and no subtitles). How are other people achieving an 8GB 1080p backup? Here is one with a total size of 7.95GB! I would much rather have 8gb backups as opposed to 25. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks
You're welcome.
You "just" need to re-encode the original BD movie in order to achieve this small file size. There's definitely no other way.
You could have a look either to my other tuts or in the Helpdesk section for more info on re-encoding. I've answered this countless times before.

Thanks for your kind words.
Old 11-25-08, 09:21 AM   #90
Newcomer

Thanks for the awesome guide.

Last edited by tpAVm; 11-25-08 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-23-08, 07:14 AM   #91
Newcomer

This is a very good tutorial and really easy to follow.
But what I am looking for right now is the exact way backwards.
I want to convert a mkv in a miniHD. Have not figured it out yet.
Maybe someone could help!
Old 12-24-08, 11:47 AM   #92
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by lonesam View Post
This is a very good tutorial and really easy to follow.
But what I am looking for right now is the exact way backwards.
I want to convert a mkv in a miniHD. Have not figured it out yet.
Maybe someone could help!
This is posted in the wrong thread. Please use the Helpdesk instead.
Old 01-04-09, 05:09 AM   #93
Newcomer

Thanks for this awesome guide.
I succed, after 2 days..., to make a MKV from Blu ray
The result file was 23G size and it take 5h for converting into a DVD
Anyway it works !
Old 01-05-09, 09:31 AM   #94
JBX
Newcomer

Great, great tutorial
Old 01-11-09, 12:33 AM   #95
Apprentice

very useful tutorial..
Old 01-22-09, 02:58 PM   #96
Apprentice

I use it and work perfect!
THX !
Old 01-23-09, 08:37 AM   #97
Newcomer

GREAT!

Last edited by kfr68; 01-23-09 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-23-09, 11:32 AM   #98
Global Moderator

Thank you guys all.
Glad you've been helped.
Closed Thread